Open Position: Engine Programmer
Cosmographic Software has some big plans for 2024 and beyond! We are looking to expand our team with new talent to help develop SpaceEngine: the HD universe simulator.
We're currently looking for a full-time Engine Programmer to join the SpaceEngine development team. The ideal candidate is someone who is genuinely interested in creating a beautiful universe exploration experience with stunning visuals, built on a unique, one-of-a-kind engine.
The selected candidate will be working under the guidance of a senior developer with over 30 years of video game development experience.The initial focus of the position will be on upgrading engine and graphical capabilities.
This is a fully remote position, so being able to self-motivate and work with a geographically dispersed team is essential!
- Proficient in C++
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in software development or computer science, or a college diploma with relevant field experience
- Experience developing with 3D graphics APIs such as Vulkan and OpenGL
- Experience creating and working with shaders, such as through GLSL, Houdini VEX, etc.
- Demonstrated examples implementing a wide variety of graphical programming techniques
- Ability to optimize and organize code effectively
- Ability to remain organized and work reliably in a remote setting with limited oversight
- Ability to attend weekly video meetings; must have a reliable internet connection with video and audio capabilities
- Familiarity with secure work chat systems, such as Slack
- Familiarity with work organization systems, such as Jira
- Familiarity with Google Suite, such as Google Drive and Gmail
- Must have a secure single-user PC capable of running and compiling SpaceEngine
- Proficient in both written and spoken English
- Availability to coordinate and work with teammates between 9:00am - 4:00pm ET
- Experience with VR programming, not required but an asset
- Experience with video game development, not required but an asset
- Work closely with development team to optimize and upgrade the existing engine during the transition from OpenGL to Vulkan
- Implement and improve rendering features within SpaceEngine
- Work with the development team to improve existing shaders and implement new shaders, as needed
- Assist with implementing new features
- Improve existing features
- Help identify and fix various bugs and issues within SpaceEngine
- Offer experience, help, and knowledge to your Cosmographic Software teammates
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent (Contract, 1-Year Renewals)
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year (CAD)
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
It would be great to hear why you’re interested in working with us, and to get to know you better.
Click here to apply! Please submit a brief cover letter along with your resume and portfolio!
All applications are appreciated, though we can only hire one individual at this time; but there will be additional hires throughout 2024, so keep an eye open for more!
We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for your interest!